Friday, July 29, 2011

Its Done!




 

School Year 2011-2012
Month
Theme
K
3rd
September
Harvest: collection, grains, grinding grains ,  prep for cold months                           Festivals: Fall equinox, michaelmas 
ABC, 0,1
mass (weights) /multiplication 5-10 
October
Market: shopping, nutrition, trade/money     Festival: Halloween/Harvest Moon
DEF, 2
money(measurement)/ division, sentence structure 
November
Clothing and Fibers: Wool, weaving, knitting and finger knitting, sewing. felting  Festivals: Thanksgiving, martinmas
GHI, 3
place values/ people at work
December
Advent, christmas, winter solstice, st nicholas, st lucia : Christmas Crafts, stories from around the world
KLM, 4
long multiplication/division, multiplication houses
January 
Measuring Everything: Calendar, time,  Festival: New Years, st bridgid
NOP, 5
time: clocks, months, years  creation: leaving paradise, cain and abel
February
winter farming: compost, garden planning  Festival: Valentines Day
QRS, 6
time: clocks, months, years  creation: leaving paradise, cain and abel       creation myths 
March
Shelters: teepees, bird houses, doll house   Festivals: Nu Ruz, Spring Equinox
TUV, 7
lengths  Sons of Cain, Noah, Babel
April
Farm Life: Animals, foods, planting health Festivals: Easter
WXY, 8
Abraham and Isaac, Jacob, Joseph
May
spring: insects, wild animals, nature around us Festivals: May day, faerie festival, sheep and wool END OF SCHOOL YEAR Celebration
Z, 9, 10
Moses, cursive writing



 Ahhh. And Whew. Its done. I do plan to post all the months so that daycare mama's can follow along. But here is September. I will not be posting all the songs unless I wrote them, but for some reason I can't remove them now. They are from All Year Round. 
And I am still hammering out the form drawing and some of the stories for the Kindergarten set. But the heavy lifting of school planning is complete. For Kindergarten I will use stories from various sources. In Third grade I have listed the story but not necessarily where it is from. I use Eric Fairman's Path of Discovery as a guide. Our Little Nature Nest is a few years ahead of me and has similar interest and style so if there is a link it will either be to her site or a link she has used on her site. 

In other news. Life is full of summer here. I do plan on publishing all our beautiful summer photos at some point ( having some hard drive issues), but want to hold on a bit as I am formulating a plan. I'd like to do a collection on the great natural treasures we have here in Maryland. We will be enjoying them over the next year at our state and national parks. 

I have spent the last month going to acupuncture once a week ( thank you mama, January, David, Lyra and Hazel). Amazing things, amazing things. I started to feel a blockage shortly after the miscarriage. Like a darkness spreading from my left ovary up and down the left side. And my cycle has been nothing less then a total mess. Nothing like anything I am used to. After the first treatment, the physical was feeling much better. But I could feel that there was still much emotion trapped in there. After the second, I felt a settling of the emotions. Not that they went away- just that they had found a comfortable place to reside. And after the third, I felt like a healthy and strong version of myself.  I have always felt that the loss of this baby has brought me closer to the universe, and the faith I have for it. But now I realize that without this loss, I could not continue on my journey here. I wouldn't let myself relax until I had found every little cherishable treasure I had to learn from my baby. And here it is. I am here. Can I explain what I have found. Not exactly. Its more like a window into something. It has something to do with healing, and internal power. It has something to do with awareness, acceptance, love. It has something to do with what comes after this, and why we are here. So no, words cant encompass that. But I know I have something to do on this earth for the next 70 years or so and that what I have just come through is a very very important key that I will need along the way. 
Oh. And David and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary. Umm, we did nothing. Except awe over the fact we've been married ten years, together for 14 and what a magical life we've made. He often looks around and says " Wow, it would have been so much easier if I had know about all this when we were starting out in Frostburg- can you imagine if you could have seen this then." I smile a little to myself. Yes, I can imagine. This is exactly what I saw then and why I was in such a hurry to get here. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherene - how fun to see someone else's homeschool plans for the year! Not so different from my own :)
    Also - I lost a baby this winter, and identify so much with what you said here. It was one of the most awful things I've ever been through, and yet working through it has brought me a lot of peace and more understanding about my life and my role in it, which I might never have understood otherwise. Here's for the incredible growth the universe brings us in mysterious ways - and Happy ten year anniversary, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never lost a baby so I can not speak to what you have been through but I have been through a lot of pain in my life and do know that it has made me a stronger, better person--more humane and empathetic.

    Your homeschooling plans look so organized! I am starting with my oldest this year and this has given me some help. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete