Friday, June 17, 2011

A thought from years ago

Years ago, during a very difficult time, I was moaning to myself how I wished I could just enjoy the children. "I wish I didn't have these grown up worries and all these problems in the way. These problems were stealing the little time I had to enjoy my children's babyhood. I waited my whole life for this and now all THESE THINGS were in the way". And then I thought, what if, what if all those years from now as I lie dying I realize this very day was the best day of my life- and I wasted it being angry I have problems. Well, no thank you. When I lie dying, I want to think " Everyday was the best day of my life, and I enjoyed every bit of it."

The link below is a short list of regrets among those who lie dying. Nurture your life today- there is nothing to wait for.
regrets of those dying

No comments:

Post a Comment