Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summertime Rhythm 2011

Summertime Rhythm 2011


mon
tues
wed
thurs
fri
sat
sun
4am
yoga
writing
yoga
writing
yoga
yoga

5:30am
coffee with david
7am
dress and organize
8am
Breakfast
swim meet

8:30-9:30
morning chores
swim practice
morning chores
swim practice
morning chores
farmers market
9:30
pack picnic/clean up
10am
park
Park
january’s house
park
lake walk
11am
12pm
lunch
lunch
1pm
errands
family time: pool, fishing, hiking, gardening
2pm
preserving
rest/ handwork
3pm
afternoon/evening prep
4pm
snack/play
free
5:30pm
swim practice
family potluck
dinner
pick up CSA/pizza and movie night
dinner
dinner 
evening
dinner
family time
yoga




Dear childcare parents, friends who visit, family and other interested folks:
Above is the basic rhythm for the summer months. Rest is really from 12-3 depending on how much rest ya need. Bigger girls have 15 minutes of book/reading time at the beginning of rest before quite play or joining handwork/preserving.
Morning chores consist of me getting our basic needs met. The three-five year olds have really enjoyed washing windows, rags, floors, dusting- while I am attending to bathrooms and less fun cleaning projects.  Or morning chores may be watering and weeding the herbs and veggies.Our littlest ones often nap at this time.  Below are links to some ongoing projects for the summertime.

hula hoop weaving: group project little girls and older girls individual projects
basket weaving: girls over 3
nature walk necklaces : I was so excited about this idea, since my apron pockets are often filled with tiny nature walk treasures!
string friendship bracelets
knitting
chalk form drawing and math games
Preparing/celebrating the Summer Solstice and the Forth of July

Below our some of our family activities planned for the summer that you may hear a little about and also may be worked into our daily learning/songs etc.
Family activities:
Star gazing at the conservancy
Lakefront music and movies
Camping on the Bay
Fossil hunting at Calvert Cliffs
Baltimore Museums 
Exploring Annapolis
Fishing
Hiking our local MD state parks
Visiting National Parks in our area

3 comments:

  1. I must share that you have inspired me to truly stick to my Yoga practice. At this moment it is a hit and miss, but I am motivated to do it daily.

    My body feels better afterwards.

    Thank you for sharing...

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you make time for food preservation...and all the things you want to see in your week! I hoped over from ROTH..loved your article on intuition. Can I ask how you made your chart up there?

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa,
    I created the chart in numbers on my mac, then just copy and pasted into blogger. I like to put it into hard copy form at the beginning of the season just to make sure everything fits, but I don't follow the time part too stringently ( unless we have to). Once I see that everything works I can usually just go with the flow after the first week. This week I realized my internal tempo was going a bit too fast, and we pulled back a little and slowed down some ( plus its about a 1000 degrees here!)

    ReplyDelete