Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mealtime Blessing

For the last year or so we have been looking for a meal time blessing for our troop. January and I wanted something that would help to calm the girls and bring them to center, while also highlighting the blessing it is for all of us to be together. Daytime meals are often shared among both our troops and also with additional friends and family throughout the week. There really is an attitude of celebration when there is not an attitude of whining.  I have many poem and song books on blessings and mealtime rhythms but none of the songs seemed to ring true enough for us to use them regularly or with enough authenticity.  Today as I bounced Rhys for January and she feed the girls, this one came to me. It feels perfect.

From the earth, water, and sky,
  we are nurtured day and night.

Food is grown with love and care,
  so each of us my have our share.

Blessed are we to sit in peace,
   and enjoy this daily feast.

1 comment:

  1. Here is our mealtime blessing:

    Give those who are hungry, food.
    And those who have food, the hunger for justice.

    I love yours too!

    ReplyDelete