Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ROTH spring edition is here!

Yay! Not only can we believe spring is actually on it's way, but we can fill those last few moments of winter with plenty of lovely projects and recipes to prepare for its arrival. I am honored to be a contributor and share with you my absolute love for farmer's markets and local food. One of our favorite spring time recipes that, for us, signals celebration and the start of the warm season is Rhubarb Shortcakes. The recipe is included with my submission and I must advise you eat them outdoors, bathed in sunshine, with wonderful friends and sticky little children.




5 comments:

  1. Your beautiful contribution to ROTH brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your passion and joy for local food with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved your article on eating seasonally! especially the part about dating couples turned married couples turned parents. for me, going to the market is like going to church. it's more than just buying food, it's an expression of my beliefs. our rhubarb is really growing this year - hopefully we'll have enough to harvest and make your shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. It really is a topic that means so much to me. We too feel like it is our "church" going to market Sunday mornings. Its getting warmer and now each week there will be a new surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly, I just realized you wrote the submission on friendship! I sent the link to both the ladies in my life before 6:00am on March 1st. You captured exactly how I feel about both of them and the lives we share with each others children. Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful piece - can't wait til our big markets open up soon in ottawa.

    i'd love to give you more info about our birth cloth... if you want to convo me over at SewnNatural on Etsy we can exchange emails and i can give you more info.

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete